Prerequisites: Graduate of our Level Two, Skill Builder or Equivalent (contact us for details)
In this 8 hour class we will tackle a new level of skills. We will be doing more with decision making, and how to put the skills you already have into use in real life situations. While some skills may sound similar to level two we will be taking them to the next level.
We will cover:
- How to identify and use cover & concealment
- How to move in public with a gun
- What to do when there are multiple threats
- Dealing hostage situations
- Moving while shooting
What you will need for this class:
- Modern handgun (no antiques, must have trigger pull of 4 lbs or more)
- 3 magazines
- 400 rounds of ammunition (you’ll be determining your own ammo counts so this is flexible)
- Range hip holster – (No soft holsters – must not close when you remove gun. No cross-draw, shoulder, kidney, or thigh holsters. No Serpa holsters)
- Sturdy Belt
- Ear protection – electronic highly recommended
- Safety glasses
- Hat with a brim – this keeps hot brass from falling between your glasses and your eyes.
- Close-toed shoes
- Shirts should have a high, closed front to avoid hot brass easily falling inside
- Jacket or over-shirt to use for concealment
- Water – staying hydrated is important to keeping your mind clear on the range
- Lunch and snacks – pack a lunch and bring snacks to eat during breaks to maintain your blood sugar levels. (we provide wipes to clean your hands)
- Camp chair
Terms & Conditions
When purchasing a class from GunStart you are certifying that you are legally able to handle a firearm. Specifically this means you are not a felon and do not have any outstanding legal issues that prohibit you from accessing a firearm.
All class fees are payable upon registration and are transferable, but NOT refundable. If you need to reschedule within 14 days of class there will be a $50 rescheduling fee per person, as we may not be able to fill the spot we held for you.