Buying a gun can be a nerve wracking proposition if you’ve never fired one before. Even if you have it can be difficult to know how the gun you’re thinking of purchasing will work for you and your specific needs. This class is designed to solve those problems! Now you can try a gun before you buy one!
This class is designed for individuals who have not fired a handgun before and/or are wanting to try a number of popular defensive handguns for concealed carry purposes before they make a purchase.
This is class lasts 1.5 – 2 hours and can accommodates two people. (each person must pay the fee)
In a Try Before You Buy Class we’ll cover:
- gun safety
- how to choose a gun that fits your hand properly
- differences in weapon choices, such as double action vs single action, semi-auto vs. revolver, differences in safety features and other external controls.
- how size effects recoil and muzzle flip
- polymer vs. metal frames
- how to choose a weapon when you visit a gun store that is right for you rather than what someone wants to sell you.
You will have the chance to handle, load, fire, and unload 10-12 different handguns that are popular for concealed carry.
What You Need To Bring:
- You will need to bring 50 rounds of 9mm ammunition per person.
- clothing appropriate to weather
- sturdy close-toed shoes
We will supply all other ammunition fired, safety glasses, and electronic hearing protection.
These classes are scheduled individually. Please contact us to discuss a date and time that works for you.
Terms & Conditions:
When purchasing a class from GunStart you are certifying that you are legally able to handle a firearm. Specifically this means you are not a felon and do not have any outstanding legal issues that prohibit you from accessing a firearm.
All class fees are payable upon registration and are transferable, but NOT refundable. If you need to change your date please contact us.
click to see